Have you ever considered getting involved with IABC St. Louis? Now is the perfect time! As we prepare to begin our 2012-2013 year, the IABC Board of Directors is seeking volunteers to help on committees. Volunteering with IABC St. Louis offers many rewards:
- Gain visibility. Network with fellow professional communicators, find out about job openings and develop great references among communications professionals in the St. Louis area.
- Hone your skills. Retain and sharpen skills you may not be using in your current position.
- Stretch yourself. Volunteering with IABC can help you expand your horizons and explore new career options. If you are self-employed, it’s an opportunity to work with others on uniquely rewarding projects.
- Be a leader. Serving as an IABC volunteer can help you develop leadership skills you can use in your own workplace.
- Beef up your resume. Impress potential employers when they see that you volunteer with the premier organization for communications professionals.
Interested in one of the positions below? Email email@example.com to learn more.
Professional Development Committee
The PD committee is responsible for brainstorming, developing and executing monthly professional development luncheons that are timely, engaging and relevant to the needs of business communicators. We have several opportunities available:
- Logistics Coordinator: handles the pre-event logistics with vendors and venues, as well as leads on-site preparation to ensure the event runs smoothly.
- Speaker Recruiter: (2 positions available) leads the recruitment of potential speakers, serving as primary contact for speakers from start to finish. This position also ensures that professional development content objectives are relayed to Copywriter.
- Copywriter: writes an engaging description of the event and speaker bio, and coordinates with the VP of Marketing to ensure information is posted in a timely manner.
The marketing committee is responsible for keeping members, non-members and the business community at large updated on IABC St. Louis happenings. We have several opportunities available:
- Webmaster: makes updates to IABC St. Louis website and blog using WordPress dashboard.
- Social Media Coordinator: posts 2-3 times per week on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. Typically, the content is provided and this position schedules the posts.
- e-Newsletter Coordinator: collects content for the e-newsletter and creates the newsletter each month.
The marketing committee is responsible for recruitment and retention activities of IABC St. Louis. We have one opportunity available:
- Membership Chair: assists the Vice President of Membership with tasks related to recruitment and retention of IABC members. Helps plan Member Orientation events quarterly.