Volunteer with IABC St. Louis
Whether it’s an hour spent judging award entries or a position on a chapter committee, volunteering with IABC St. Louis offers many rewards:
- Gain visibility. Network with fellow professional communicators, find out about job openings and develop great references among communications professionals in the St. Louis area.
- Hone your skills. Retain and sharpen skills you may not be using in your current position.
- Stretch yourself. Volunteering with IABC can help you expand your horizons and explore new career options. If you are self-employed, it’s an opportunity to work with others on uniquely rewarding projects.
- Be a leader. Serving as an IABC volunteer can help you develop leadership skills you can use in your own workplace.
- Beef up your resume. Impress potential employers when they see that you volunteer with the premier organization for communications professionals.
For more information, or to tell us what interests you, email us at email@example.com.
IABC St. Louis currently has volunteer opportunities available in these roles:
- Membership Committee Members
- Marketing Committee Members
- Professional Development Committee Members
- St. Louis Quill Award Committee Members
Single-Event and Short-Term Opportunities
- Be a greeter at monthly meetings, which occur on the fourth Thursday of each month. Welcome members and guests, answer basic questions about the meeting schedule and make them feel welcome.
- Judge awards competitions. Volunteers review contest entries (whether for IABC or other organizations) and evaluate their success. These opportunities typically begin in late fall and run until late spring, but can occur throughout the year.
- Write an article for the chapter e-newsletter, blog or other electronic/print communications.
- Publicize a special educational program or meeting.
- Solicit meeting, event and chapter sponsorships.